By agreeing to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you (the “User”) become a User of The China Box and agree to be bound by this Agreement. This Agreement is subject to change by The China Box at any time, and such changes are effective upon posting of the change herein.
The User is solely responsible for paying the designated fee for each Press Release (the “Release”) submitted. We do not offer refunds on used portions of services.
From the moment you submit a draft or “offline” release to our editor, it may take up to 3 business days for us to fully review and polish your release before its dissemination. So be sure to give yourself enough time when sending to us. Normally, though, we will strive to have your release sent out within 24 hours. Please note our office is located at +8GMT and operate during normal business hours.
All translation work we provide to you will be paid in advance by you, and we do not offer refunds under any circumstance for any and all translation work we provide.
• That the publication of the material in the Release does not violate any state, federal, national, international or common law copyright, trademark, or service mark rights, any other property rights, privacy rights, confidentiality rights or other proprietary rights of any third party.
• That the content of the Release is factually and legally accurate;
• That User is authorized to submit the Release to The China Box for distribution;
• THE USER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS TO The China Box, AS FOLLOWS:
• USER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: The User is solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the content of each Release submitted to The China Box for distribution will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and preparation of the Release and for all materials that appear therein;
• That the Release does not contain any information which is defamatory, libelous or otherwise illegal; and
• User has independently evaluated the desirability of utilizing The China Box’s services and is not relying on any representation, guarantee, or statement other than as set forth in this Agreement.
In the event any third party brings any claim, action, arbitration, or other proceeding against The China Box (collectively, “legal proceeding”), arising from the distribution or publication of any Release provided by User to The China Box for distribution or publication, or from any breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the inaccuracy of any warranty or representation made by User herein, User shall indemnify, defend, and hold The China Box its affiliates, and employees harmless in connection with any and all costs, expenses, losses and liabilities as a result of any proceeding including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees, costs, and expenses.
The China Box may reject User’s Release if The China Box determines, in its sole discretion, that the Release is unsuitable for distribution. Unsuitable releases may include, but are not limited to, those Releases that promote sexually explicit materials, promote violence, promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age, promote illegal activities, or otherwise violate intellectual property or other rights, or any other law of the People’s Republic of China now or in the future. If The China Box rejects User’s Release, User is welcome to resubmit an alternative Release at any time. In the event we reject a release, we will refund all or part of the payments already made to us. Be sure to clearly read our terms and conditions before you attempt to post or distribute a release that may be illegal to disseminate in China.
No warranty is made by The China Box regarding any services or products provided by or through The China Box. The China Box HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION:
1) ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES;
2) ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE;
3) ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST NON-INFRINGEMENT;
4) ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM AN ALLEGED COURSE OF DEALING OR OF PERFORMANCE.
Any liability of The China Box, its affiliates or employees, for the failure of any performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of records, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause or action, shall be strictly limited to a return of any amount paid by or on behalf of the User to The China Box in connection with the Release or Releases out of which the claim by User arises. IN NO EVENT SHALL The China Box, ITS AFFILIATES OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, OR DATA).
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the User and The China Box regarding the use of The China Box, and supersedes all prior written and oral understandings and writings, and may only be amended upon notice by The China Box to Users. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the provisions of this Agreement shall survive its terminations.
The parties agree that the exclusive location for purposes of Jurisdiction and Venue is a court of appropriate jurisdiction in Beijing, P.R.China. In any such action, the parties agree that the laws of P.R.China shall apply and shall govern the determination of the action.